This recipe creates incredible low carb pumpkin muffins that are perfect for a holiday party or any after dinner dessert. They are easy to make and deliciously moist with the pumpkin puree and cream cheese!
• 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
• 5 pasture raised eggs
• 5/8 cup coconut flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 1/3 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
• 3/4 cup of stevia baking sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon Redmond Real Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter
• 3 oz cream cheese
• 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon of swerve or stevia baking sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Melt the coconut oil and grass-fed butter.
3. In a large bowl, combine and mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, stevia, and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Pour in melted coconut oil and butter and mix.
5. Slowly add in coconut flour, salt, and baking powder, making sure it is well mixed, preferably with an electric beater. Set the muffin batter aside while you create the cream cheese filling.
6. In a smaller bowl, combine the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, stevia, and vanilla and mix into a paste.
7. Fill greased muffin pan (or use muffin liners) with muffin batter.
8. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of the cream cheese filling into each muffin well. Use a toothpick to swirl the filling into the batter.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes. Check them at 20 minutes with a toothpick. They are done when it pulls out clean.