Flavor: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
No Bake, tiny balls of energy! Made with healthy protein and fiber, these snacks are meant to fill you up, keep you satiated, and give you energy to make it through the day, all while tasting like a delicious dessert! The raw cacao gives the decadent chocolate flavor and is packed with antioxidants. The only sugar comes from the raw honey, but these can be made keto friendly by substituting the honey for cream cheese. The best part about these energy bites is that they set up real quick in the freezer with no need to bake in the oven!
1 cup peanut or almond butter
½ cup raw honey (or cream cheese to get rid of the sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup ground chia or flax seed
1 cup grass fed, vanilla, protein (whey, bone broth, or collagen protein will all work)
½ cup raw cacao nibs (could also use cacao powder)
Real Salt or sea salt added to taste
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the protein powder, ground seeds, and cacao nibs.
- Slowly add in almond butter, honey, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Wisk and mash ingredients together to create a well-mixed, thick paste.
- Form mixture into bite sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate Energy Bites for 1-2 hours.
Once hardened, you can transfer the Energy Bites into a Tupperware container for storage. Keep in fridge or freezer, depending on how hard you want the Bites to be.
You can change the flavor of the Energy Bites by switching the vanilla protein for a different flavor. You can also remove the peanut butter and mash in fruit for a completely different flavored treat.