As a practice which engages in biological dentistry, our approach to dentistry recognizes that the mouth and body are connected. Trovato Nutrition promotes dental care for our patients that works in harmony with the overall bodily system as dental treatments impact other areas of the body.
When it comes to a healthy mouth, one of the things that can harm your teeth and gums is grinding your teeth, also known as bruxism. Tooth fractures, facial pain, and headaches are all signs that you might be unconsciously bruxing. This clenching of the jaw and gnashing of the teeth happens in your sleep as well as unconsciously during the day, and is often a result of anxiety from unmanaged stress.
To help you reduce stress and anxiety levels effectively, the American Dental Association recommends exercise, yoga and meditation. Our team works closely with your integrative medical doctor, naturopath, nutritionist, chiropractor, acupuncturist, neurologist, and/or other healthcare providers to address your dental needs with respect to whole-body health. One of the things we are pleased to offer our patients is a therapeutic massage, yet another invaluable stress buster when it comes to managing stress, anxiety and depression by increasing levels of relaxation and happiness.
When you address stress in your daily life you can help prevent enamel erosion and jaw problems due to bruxing. Therapeutic massage can also help you find balance in the body by dealing with your stress positively. Massage therapy also helps by:
– Targeting the symptoms of anxiety in the back, neck, and shoulders to lower tension in the body.
– Increasing the levels of oxytocin and serotonin in the body and consequently diminishing stress levels.
– Relaxing the body which in turn elevates your mood and lowers blood pressure.
– Improving breathing and lowering the heart rate as the body “remember” how to relax and recreates this feeling at home.
– Increasing white blood cell count which helps your body fight disease more efficiently as it boosts your immune system.
Biologic dentistry recognizes that everything in your body is connected, and our goal is to help you achieve improved health. As part of our comprehensive wellness plan we offer therapeutic massage in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, to help you manage anxiety and depression and improve your dental and overall health. To find out more, please call (215) 293-0909 today!