Delicious tiny bites of energy that are packed with healthy fats! There is no need to bake anything! These treats make an excellent post work snack or an after dinner treat. The recipe below is for chocolate peanut butter, but you can easily change the flavor and appearance of the Energy Bites by removing the nut butter and cacao and switching the protein to a different flavor. Pictures on this page show a dark chocolate ball a pure peanut butter cup rendition of our energy bites.
• ½ cup organic peanut or another nut butter (almond, cashew, macadamia)
• ¼ cup melted coconut oil (can also use melted grass-fed butter)
• 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
• ¼ raw cacao powder
• ½ cup raw cacao nibs
• Redmond Real Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt added to taste
• Stevia added to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cacao and protein powder with the peanut or other nut butter.
2. Slowly add in the melted oil and mix until you reach a creamy consistency. You may need to add in more or less oil depending on the type of nut butter and protein.
3. Add in the vanilla, salt, stevia, and cacao nibs.
4. Wisk and mash ingredients together to create a well-mixed, thick paste.
5a. If your make the batter thicker, you can form the mixture into bite sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
5b. If your batter is more runny, pour the mixture into ice cube trays or chocolate molds (a bunch of options on amazon).
6. Refrigerate Energy Bites for 1-2 hours.
Once hardened, you can transfer the Energy Bites into a Tupperware container for storage. Keep in fridge or freezer depending on how hard you want the Bites to be.