Keto coffee. Fat coffee. Super coffee. Bulletproof coffee. What ever you want to call it, this recipe makes a nutritious and delicious cappuccino like coffee experience. The quality of the ingredients here is what matters most. Do not add regular butter from grain fed cows. You will want to find grass-fed butter. There a multiple brands, but the easiest one to find around here is Kerrygold Irish Butter. It is a big gold package found in almost any butter section of the grocery store.
Grass-fed butter has the exact opposite ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids than grain-fed butter. Grass-fed has a higher amount of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats, and contains five times more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) than butter from grain-fed cows. CLA is a fatty acid heavily involved in body fat loss, and has also been heavily researched prevent muscle and bone loss. Grass-fed butter is also contains vitamins A, D, E, K2, iodine, lecithin, and selenium. Butter is one of the best sources of butyrate, which is incredibly important for gut health, inflammation control, and carbohydrate digestion.
MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides) is an extract of coconut oil. When consumed, they bypass normal digestion, and are absorbed directly into the mitochondria for instant, clean energy.
This coffee keeps you satiated and full of energy for hours.
Please note: If you are doing intermittent fasting, this recipe would break the fast. I personally use this recipe in the afternoon.
• Organic, shade grown, light roast coffee.
I prefer whole bean coffee to grind fresh each morning.
• Grass-fed butter
• MCT oil
• Heavy whipping cream
• Stevia in the Raw
• Organic vanilla extract
• Ceylon cinnamon
Optional Substitutions. These work, but don't taste as good in my opinion:
Grass-fed ghee instead of butter
Coconut oil instead of MCT oil
1. Pour freshly brewed, organic, shade grown, light roast coffee, into a mug.
2. Add in a teaspoon of grass fed butter.
3. Add in teaspoon of MCT oil.
Optional: If you prefer cream in your coffee, opt for a small amount of good quality heavy whipping cream.
4. Blend. A spoon can't mix the fat in well enough so a blender is recommended. You can use a real blender, but I find that time consume to clean it out every morning. I bough a small, battery operated, electronic, hand mixer from Amazon that works perfectly for this!
5. If you wish to sweeten it, add in some stevia in the raw.
6. If you want to flavor it, add in some organic vanilla extract or ceylon cinnamon.